- Online Banking
Security and Privacy
First National Bank in Olney is very concerned with the security of our online systems. We have put forth a tremendous amount of effort to research and understand online systems and their risks. As a result, we have instituted policies and procedures that work to remove the risk from our online environments. We also use state-of-the art technology to ensure the most secure environment possible.
Our Online Banking product is one of the best online banking systems available. It's online, real-time systems are designed to prevent spoofing and intrusion into the systems by using state-of-the-art hardware and software, as well as good old-fashioned interactive human supervision. The systems are intrusion and penetration tested regularly to ensure perimeter security is functional. For a more detailed explanation of our security features, please email us and we will be happy to provide you the details. Please be sure to include your full name in the email. For internal security reasons, only emails that include the sender's identity will be answered.
Your online communication with First National Bank in Olney is made possible by your computer's Web browser, which plays a critical role in the security of your information. Our security system uses the highest standards, supporting browsers that use SSL (Secure Socket Layers) 3.0 or higher for encryption. Encryption protects your private information so it can't be intercepted and read. When you go to a site that requires encryption, your browser will display a key or a lock in the status bar of your browser.
FNB Olney recommends that you stay current with your browser versions to ensure the latest fixes are in place for any weaknesses in the browser software.
The Directors, management and staff of First National Bank in Olney are concerned about and respect the privacy of our customer’s personal financial information. We understand that our customers furnish sensitive information to us in the course of our daily business and we are committed to treating such information responsibly. We know that our customers expect privacy and security for their personal and financial affairs.
Types Of Information We Collect
At First National Bank in Olney we collect nonpublic personal information from many sources. Nonpublic personal information does not include that which is available from government records, widely distributed media, or government-mandated disclosures.
- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
Types Of Information We Disclose
Our Bank does not now, nor does it intend in the future to disclose any personal financial information to any nonaffiliated or affiliated third party. By law we may disclose certain personally identifiable information without allowing consumers the right to opt-out of the sharing agreement in the following circumstances:
- To companies who perform transaction processing for our bank in the following circumstances:
- If the transaction, service, or product is requested or authorized by you.
- To maintain or service your account as part of a private label credit card or other loan extension program.
- In connection with a securitization, secondary market sale, (including servicing rights), or similar transaction related to a consumer.
- Disclosures that are necessary to enforce our bank’s legal or contractual rights or any other person’s rights who is engaged in the financial transaction.
- Disclosures required in the ordinary course of banking business, such as settlement of claims or benefits, providing confirmation of information to the consumer or his agent, and to bill, process or clear items in the normal course of business.
- To provide information to insurance rate advisory organizations, guarantee funds, agencies that are rating the bank, persons that are assessing the bank’s compliance with industry standards, and the bank’s attorneys, accountants and auditors.
- To the extent permissible under the Right to Financial Privacy Act.
- To a consumer reporting agency under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- To comply with Federal, State or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements.
Safeguarding Customer Information
At First National Bank in Olney we protect consumer privacy by ensuring that only employees who have a business reason for knowing information have access to it. We have appointed our compliance officer, William Alexander, to be the Bank’s Financial Privacy Coordinator. The Financial Privacy Coordinator is responsible for maintaining internal procedures to ensure our customer’s information is protected. For example, information in loan files can only be accessed by employees who work in our loan origination or loan operations department.
If we change our policy or practice by, for example, adding a category of information we will disclose to a third party, we will notify existing customers and give them an appropriate time period to opt-out of the disclosure.