- Online Banking
Browser Settings for Bill Pay
Need to update your browser?
Internet Explorer 8/9
- Select "Internet Options" by clicking "Tools" on your browser's toolbar.
- Under the "General" tab, in the "Browser History" area, click "Delete."
- Uncheck all boxes on the left hand of the window. Ensure that only “Temporary Internet Files” is the only check box selected. Then click on delete at the bottom.
- This step may take a few minutes if the cache has not been cleared for a while, you will receive a box showing the files being deleted.
- Next, click on the settings button under the “Browsing History” Section.
- Under the “Temporary Internet Files” section, ensure that “Every time I visit the webpage”, is selected. Then click on “OK”.
- Click the "Privacy" tab.
- Next, click on the click "Advanced" button.
- Be sure "Override automatic cookie handling" and "Always allow session cookies" are checked. Also ensure the first and third party cookies are both accept.
- Click "OK"
- Next, click on the “Content” tab. In the “Content Advisor” area at the top, the first button should read “Enable”. If it does not, click the “Disable” button. However, to continue, you will need the password chosen at the time your computer was set up or the password for your system’s network.
- If you are using Windows 7 as your Operating System, click on the “Advanced” tab. In the box with the scroll bar, scroll all the way to the bottom of the window. Ensure that “TLS 1.1” and “TLS 1.2” are not checked. Click on “OK” at the bottom.
- Click the “OK” button. Once the Internet Options window closes, you will now need to restart your Browser.
FIREFOX 3.5 and Above
- Have subscriber click on "Tools" and go to "Options" (if the subscriber is on a Mac, they will need to select ‘Firefox from the tool bar to locate the Options.)
- Click the "Exceptions" button to the right of the "Block Pop Ups" option and enter the billpay site, https://www.billpaysite.com and click the "allow" button.
- While still under the content tab, at the bottom will a section called language, click on "Choose" and double check to ensure that "English/United States" is the first language listed. (To add the language, select the English/United States from the drop down menu and click on the Add button.)
- Navigate to the Privacy Icon and verify that within the ‘History,’ Use custom settings for history, is selected. Then, have subscriber check mark the "Allow site to set cookies" and "Accept third-party cookies" option. They may select the option to keep "until they close Firefox" or "until they expire".
- Click on the "Advanced" icon, then "Network" tab. To empty the cache, Click on the "Clear Now" button.
- Still under the "Advanced" Icon, click on the "Encryption" tab. Ensure that "SSL 3.0" and "TLS 1.0" are both checked.
- Click "OK" and refresh browser.
- Click the Safari drop down menu from your tool bar, then on "Preferences".
- Click on the "Security" icon.
- Under "Web Content" make sure:
- "Enable Plug-ins" is checked.
- "Enable Java" is checked.
- "Block pop-up windows" is NOT checked.
- (If using 5.1, skip to step 5) Under "Accept Cookies" make sure "always" is selected. (Using the setting "Only from sites I visit" will block session cookies used during a bill pay session.)Once this step is completed, skip to step 6.
- Select the Privacy Icon and select the ‘Never’ radial within the "Block Cookies" setting. (Using the settings ‘Always’ or ‘From third parties and advertisers’ will block session cookies used during a bill pay session.)
- Close out of the "Security Settings" by clicking on the red dot at the top left corner of the window.